Fellowship on Risk Analysis
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15, 2013
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION: Application Form (PDF)
JIFSAN Risk Analysis Summer Integrated Program (SIP) provides key aspects of risk analysis, management, assessment, and communication in the area of food safety.
For the 2013 SIP, JIFSAN has the pleasure to support the course tuition for the Quantitative track for one qualified applicant.
Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2013 from graduate students or professionals in the area of food safety or animal health from an eligible country (list of eligible countries). Information on the eligibility criteria, how to apply and other relevant information are available below.
Applicants are advised to read the form and criteria carefully to ensure that required documents are received by JIFSAN no later than the April 1 deadline.
Notification of the selection committee’s decision will be communicated to all applicants by April 30, 2013.
- Graduate student or professional in the area of food safety or animal health that is currently working in the field of risk analysis and based in a country on the list of eligible countries
- Citizen of an eligible country (list of eligible countries)
How to Apply
Submit an application by April 15, 2013, that includes:
- Fellowship Application Form
- Statement of Interest (one page, times new roman 12pt) explaining:
- Why you are interested in risk analysis and its different components
- Your career aspirations
- Why you wish to take the JIFSAN Risk Analysis Courses
- Reasons for choosing core program or quantitative track
- Your current research projects (if graduate student) or your current professional duties
- Proof of funds to pay for travel expenses (airfare, lodging and meals)
- Proof that you have the necessary background (knowledge of basic statistics and proficiency in Microsoft Excel) that will enable you to partake in the one-week class Quantitative Risk Assessment. You can provide current or past experiences that support your statement.
Applications may be submitted to JIFSAN by mail, express courier, fax, or via email as Microsoft Word or PDF attachments to:
University of Maryland - Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Attention: Clare Narrod, Risk Analysis Program Manager
2134 Patapsco Building
College Park, Maryland 20472, USA
Other Relevant Information
- Applications must be submitted in English
- Applicant is not required to present an oral or poster technical paper
- Applicants will be notified by email by April 15th, 2013
- In the rare event of cancelation of the training program, the fellowship will also be cancelled
- If required, recipient will secure passport and visa for travel.
- The award is not transferable to another student or professor
- Recipient is responsible for all related travel expenses (airfare, lodging, transportation, meals, etc.)
- Cover the cost of course tuition for the SIP 2013 recipient, for the Quantitative track (US$5,850).