This event has passed, we invite you to register for our next webinar on gluten free at http://jifsan.umd.edu/register/registrant/fda-jifsan-webinar-2015-3
Previous event registration information archived below:
This registration includes BOTH the March 24th and the April 20th Webinars. If you wish to purchase and attend only one of these events, please visit the appropriate link:
Price This event has limited seating. Registration closes on March 20th or when capacity is reached.
$105 USD base cost -- This price includes one (1) site connection for a single computer.
Free, Complimentary CPE Addon - Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits eligibility for one (1) viewer.
$35 CPE Addon (per viewer) - Add on viewers CPE eligibility with your connection. This cost maxes at 5 users, becoming unlimited for all users on your connection.
You must register with valid email address to be eligible for the following discounts. Your discount will automatically be applied on the next page of registration.
- FDA Employees - FDA employees can register at no cost (@fda.hhs.gov)
- Government Employees - 50% Discount (.gov, .mil)
- Academic Discount - 80% Discount (.edu)
March 24th, 1:00 until 3:00 PM EDT
Two labeling presentations: a) Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments and b) Calorie labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines.
Speakers: Felicia Billingslea and Daniel Reese.
- Recall two of the criteria a restaurant or similar retail food establishment must meet to be covered by the menu labeling law.
- List the information required to be included on the menu/menu board or for foods on display.
- Describe how covered establishments can determine their calorie content and how operators of vending machines can display calorie content.
April 20th, 1:00 until 2:30 PM EDT
Presentation on Gluten-free. Speakers: Suzanne Wolcoff and Carol D'Lima.
- Describe the FDA definition of gluten-free
- Recall two requirements for a food labeled "gluten-free" to be marketed in the United States
- List the additional FDA suggested requirements for gluten-free labeling of hydrolyzed and fermented foods
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
The Commission on Dietetics Registration has approved this spring webinar series for up to 3.5 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. CPE certificates will be made available at the end of the webinar following an assessment.
Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Recertification Contact Hours (CH)
This program qualifies for Certified Food Scientist (CFS) recertification contact hours (CH). CFS Certificants may claim a maximum of 3.5 CH for their participation in this program. For more information, please visit ift.org/certification or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The webinar will use Adobe Connect. Please check to make sure your computer is capable of running this product. Adobe Connect System Requirements
If you have any questions or problems with registation, please contact us at email@example.com