News & Events
- JIFSAN News
- News & Events
- About Training
- About International
- Produce International Partnership for Education and Outreach (PIP)
- Good Fishing Vessel Practices (GFvP) and Seafood HACCP Inspections Workshop
- Good Aquacultural Practices (GAqP)
- Commercially Sterile Packaged Foods (CSPF)
- Food Inspector Training (FIT)
- Supply Chain Management for Spices and Botanical Ingredients (SCMSBI)
- Contact International
Collaborative Training Initiatives
- About Collaborative Training Initiatives
- Bangladesh Aquatic and Aquacultural Food Safety Center
- India Supply Chain Management for Spices and Botanical Ingredients (SCMSBI)
- Malaysia Ministry of Health Collaborative Framework on Food Safety Capacity Building
- Thailand Center for Commercially Sterile Packaged Foods
- IICA-JIFSAN Collaborative Training Initiative for the Americas
- Monitoring & Evaluation
A global scientific meeting is planned for November 19-21, 2019 in order to assemble a variety of international experts in the field to address the impact, importance, and challenges of microbiological sampling of water for food safety and public health. The meeting will be held in College Park, Maryland on November 19-21, 2019 at University of Maryland Hotel (7777 Baltimore Ave, College Park, Maryland 20740 USA).
The objectives of the summit include (i) a deeper exploration of how to better maximize and leverage the fusion of microbiological water sampling and whole genome sequencing on a global scale; (ii) to identify and mitigate the scientific and policy challenges surrounding effective water sampling and timely whole genome sequencing analysis of resultant bacterial isolates; and (iii) to ensure that appropriate and optimal collection, isolation, and characterization methods are fully validated and in place to support this global public health endeavor.
Please visit the Global Water and Food Safety Summit Event Page for registration and more information.